Thursday, April 5, 2012

The night I wore make up

     During my senior year in high school, I took choir. In the first trimester, there is usually a musical at school so the students in choir can get extra credit if we help with the show. Since I wanted some extra credit points, I decided to help and my job was to sell tickets. Since that is a job that is done once the show starts, I waited in the back to talk to people and hang out with some friends. Well during the show, the girls who were doing makeup for the people in the musical got bored since there was nothing to do when the show started. They saw I had nothing else to do, so they asked if they could put makeup on me. I first told them no but they kept asking so I said "sure, why not?"
      This would turn out to be a bad idea. In my mind, I thought it was just going to be a little bit that I could easily wash off. I was so wrong because even after I washed it off, it still showed easily. They put a lot on so I looked like I could've been part of the glam rock era. However, this wasn't the 80s and I definitely didn't pull it off. It was so caked on that it stayed on until after the show. I wish I could've gone home after the show or that it was the day of the party for the choir students. I wish I was this lucky. However, this is not bound to be a lucky day as we all went to Ihop.
      Normally, I like going to Ihop because I like the food and they generally have good service. I do not like going to ihop with eyeliner, eyeshadow, and blush on. Thankfully, I went to the bathroom and washed my face a little more before the waiter got there. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the eyeshadow off so I decided to make a choice: do I be miserable about the make-up or do I make the most of it? Naturally, I make the most of it. I decided to mess with the waiter we had the whole meal. I have make-up on so the simplest way to mess with him is to act gay.
      What followed after I decided to do this is I started to talk in the most flamboyant voice ever and flirt with him. I didn't go over the top because I wanted him to worry that night and if he knew I was joking right off the bat, it wouldn't have been funny. I begin to wink at him and do a flirty smile. I say thank you in the girliest voice I could muster. I do anything I can to make him worried. About every time he gets to the table, he acts more and more creeped out. His trips to our table get slower and slower so I finally tell him I'm straight and I'm just messing with him and after this, he lets out the biggest sigh ever.
     The night wasn't over after this either. I had to come home wearing all this makeup too. My mom freaked out more than the waiter. She saw it and yelled take it off right now! After this, she asked me questions like are you gay? and why would you wear makeup if you're a guy? I told her no and that it was because some girls were bored. She said in the most worried tone, "High school has changed since I went there" . For a few days after this, she kept asking if I was sure that I'm straight and kept telling me how homosexuality is against the bible. In one day, I wore make-up, freaked out a waiter, and worried my mom. After all this, I'd say the best word to describe that day was interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment