Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Broken spirits

Every August, 30,000 people from all over the world go to Indianapolis for one reason: Gencon. For those who don't know what Gencon is, it is a convention dedicated to all things gaming and gaming-related. Its slogan is "The Best Four Days in Gaming" for a reason. The first year I went was with two friends of mine. One of my friends and me dressed normally for all four days. My other friend; however, cosplays as L from Death Note. I'm not going to try to describe Death Note as I only know general things about it. What you need to know for this story is that L loves candy and it is part of his character.
        Because of this, the first thing we do when we get to Indianapolis is go to the candy store in the mall that is connected to the convention center. He buys this giant lollipop for the character. After that, we go to goodwill to find a white shirt for him. He does get a white shirt there. Unfortunately for him, its a blouse. After this, we obviously made cross dressing jokes like where did you get that? out of your mom's closet? The first day we split up from him because he wanted to go the anime section to try to pick up girls. After all, that is the only reason he dressed up. We didn't see him for another 2 days since his phone died.
       We finally run into him at this comedy show. He still has the lollipop after all this time. During the show, there was a part where audience members were a part of the show. For this show, that part was human dominoes. Our friend that is dressed up gets picked to participate. He keeps the lollipop in his mouth during this. This time with human dominoes, the participants fell face first so of course the lollipop breaks when they fall. He comes back to us and with the saddest look on his looking like puss n boots from Shrek, he mutters in the softest voice "my... my lollipop" We bust out laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of this.
      After this, he proceeds to ask me, my other friend, and everyone around us using the neediest voice he can so we will buy another one since he spent all his money taking a bunch of girls out to see of all movies "Despicable Me". None of these girls did anything with him either. SO our friend with no lollipop, no girls, and nothing to show for says the best thing we've ever heard him say. "I'm no longer dressing as L. My other friend told me he did this for years. Were still waiting to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment